Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sophie's Babies

Unfortunately I've had to temporarily close HQ over the summer because work has taken me away from home. It was not a decision I took lightly but needs must. When I told our fab vets (the A120 Medivets) Sophie one of nurses offered to take on any babies that came in. Little did she realise that within a week or so she would be hand rearing two litters.

The first litter consisted of six babies (which is  big litter). Sadly four died over a period of days. One of the problems when trying to hand read such young hoglets. Thankfully the two surviving hoglets are doing well and the second litter (twins) are also doing well.

Sophie has been keeping me up-to-date with the progress and I wanted to share with you some of the images she has sent me.

So here goes:

The two surviving hoglets from the first litter Sophie took under her wing

A few days later - as you can see doing really well

One of the twins enjoying goats milk and Esbilac

As I get more news and additional images I'll keep you up to date.

P.S. If you tweet please follow us on Twitter just look for @hertshogline






1 comment:

  1. Such tiny little mites ... and hurrah for your lovely vet nurse stepping into the breech!

    ReplyDelete