Wednesday 6 February 2013

Let's Talk

Herts Hogline has two aims:

  • Rescue sick, injured and orphaned hedgehogs and return to the wild whenever possible
  • Educate people in all things hoggie

The second is achieved by giving talks to local groups (WI's, Gardening Clubs, Brownies, Rainbows, Cubs etc.). Giving these talks helps raise much needed funds, as a donation is asked for.

Normally I give one talk per month, however recently I gave two in one evening. My first talk was with a Brownie group in Buntingford. The group were very generous, they not only paid a donation but also gave a huge pile of dog and cat food.

The pile of food Buntingford Brownie pack donated
What stars!

The girls were a fantastic audience and asked some really fab questions. As I packed away one of the Brownies gave me a picture she'd drawn. This picture is now in pride of place on the hedgehog shed wall.

The lovely hedgehog drawing I received
Thank you Ella  

The drive to my second talk was an adventure. Narrow, bendy, unlit roads I didn't know. Then my Sat Nav told me I was there, when I clearly wasn't and wildlife darting in front of me. When I finally arrived I was greeted by a lovely group of ladies, who also asked some really great questions. After the talk I was also treated to a yummy brownie cake.

I'd like to thank both groups for the invite, it's much appreciated. I'm hoping they gained an insight into the work we do and now know how they can help support our dwindling hedgehog population.

Note:
If you know a group within a 20-mile radius of Stansted Airport who'd like a hog talk please do pass on our details. They can email for information at help@hertshogline.com 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment