Saturday 30 September 2017

The Hedgehog Shed Gets a Make-over

The shed has been in need of some major TLC for some time. As you can see from the photograph below. There was simply no room to put anything. So something drastic had to be done.


Thankfully earlier in the year Pat from Mutts in Distress kindly passed on our details to a simply wonderful lady (Karen Street) who for years has been organising fund raising quiz nights. Karen offered to organise a quiz for us. I was overwhelmed by the number of people who turned up and the amount raised. Some of the money has been spent on food and vet bills. However if you scroll down you can see how some of that the money has helped me transform the hedgehog shed.

It took me sometime to find someone who would do the job. But finally Tony the Handyman was recommended to me. He came round, I explained what was needed and that I had loads of salvaged wood which he could use. A date was set, the shed was cleared out and now I have storage and room to move.

So a huge thank you to Karen, the quizzers and Tony the Handyman. All of whom are Hedgehog Heroes.

P.S. If you're in need of a handyman please contact me via the Herts Hogline Facebook page and I'll give you Tony's contact details.  



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment